Friday, October 18, 2013

Battle of the Sexes, Pt. 2 - Day 1

First of all, I would like to THANK YOU ALL for your support and inspiration. This was not at all possible without your support.

Today, the records really fell. I keep planning for this run all day long. I am not a runner like you guys. I started walking in April 2013 when one of my colleague asked me if I would like to go for a walk before lunch. And I said Yes, Day 1 of my walk was 0.93 miles where I told my colleague to turn back at 0.46 miles mark. She was very disappointed when I said that it is not possible for me to walk further. Fast forward to Yesterday, when I was still thinking that can I make up to 16 min/mile. My best so far was around 17.5 min/mile. However, I decided even if I will go only one mile. I will make sure that I contribute to this battle not to compete with anyone but to show my support if I have accepted the challenge. Then came the D-Day today, when I keep planning for it all day and finally went out at 5:24 PM.

The idea I had was to go for 1st mile and keep it under 16 minutes and that did not happen but I was close 16 minutes 14 seconds for the first mile. I was confident that I can make up for that in second mile and will submit 2 miles. 2nd mile was much better 14 minutes 38 seconds. And than came a time when I was completely in to the challenge and decided to go as far as I can. And guess what I completed 7.11 miles (that's an amazing 11.44 Km) in 1 Hour 50 Minutes and 29 seconds. Awesome, Is not it ? I could do more than 7 miles with an average for 15 minutes 29 seconds per mile. I am loving. And again it was not at all possible for me to do it without all your support. Please continue supporting me and this 254 pounds (274 pounds when started back in April 2013) giant mammal will be a handsome man. Amen !!


No comments:

Post a Comment