Sunday, October 27, 2013

Battle of the Sexes, Pt. 2 - Day 9

Now, this is called challenge. That can take the best out of you. I started with a very hesitant mindset as I could never do 16 min/mi. However, I setup my goal to at least complete 15-20 Km. This has changed during the course of the challenge to 100 Km.

I was doing great and on target for my goal in the beginning and than came a little slag because of personal priorities. And when I looked at my current mileage for the challenge at the end of Day 8; I was at 57.6 Km and that is 42.4 Km short of my goal. And that's when I keep scrolling through all your posts on the challenge page. I was amazed by the efforts put in by each one of you. At the back of my mind I keep counting the numbers and figured out that the remaining balance is just a half Km more than a marathon. Lots of participants here are running Marathons, Ultras, and all sorts of huge miles and I can not do a marathon in splits during the last 2 days. No, that is not true; We will see if I can or can not only after trying. Hence, I started with a goal of doing 13.5 miles (21.6 Km) on Saturday and guess what I did 14.84 miles (23.77 Km). Now, the challenge is to complete remaining 11.65 miles (18.65 Km) to complete my goal.

I will try my best to complete it today and reach my goal. This challenge has brought the best out of me and more importantly all the motivation I get from this amazing group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment